Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

overnight oatmeal!!!!

Overnight oatmeal has really changed my life.. My husband and 2 boys love this!

what you need:Basic recipe( you can add a little more oats or less water to change consistency)
4 servings
steel cut oats (1/2 cup)
water(2 cups)
crock pot or slow cooker
a bowl that fits inside crock pot

extra..1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top..My husband eats it like this but my kids add extras in the morning.. dried fruit... milk... honey..fruit or veggie purees (we usually add sweet potato puree) but I am sure any fruit or semi sweet veggie puree would work. I love sneaking in the veggies.

ok mix water and oats...put in bowl..place bowl inside crock pot..pour extra water in crock pot until is comes us to half the side of the bowl.. Cook over night.. I usually put this on at 11 and it gets eaten anywhere from 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment